The Strategic Initiative:
A five-year planning / funding model by which Chambers of Commerce, Economic Development Organizations and other nonprofits expand program, increase funding and produce results that matter
Is This Webinar for You?
- If your Chamber / EDO has conducted a S.W.O.T. (Strengths. Weaknesses. Opportunities. Threats.) analysis in the last year or two, and you’ve identified important Opportunities or Threats you want to address, this webinar might be for you.
- If you developed your strategic plan with “one foot on the brake” because of “we can’t afford it” concerns, this webinar might be for you.
- If incremental increases in membership / sponsorship / TRC dollars are insufficient to take your program / impact / relevance to the next level, this webinar might be for you.
- If you think a capital campaign is just to fund new buildings and not applicable to chambers, this webinar might be for you.
- If you are interested to learn capital campaign principles that could boost your annual campaign, this webinar might be for you.
Who Is Invited?
Chambers / EDOs / Nonprofits: Staff and Volunteer Leaders
Partners: Community strategic partners (staff / volunteer leaders) – CVB’s, downtown development orgs, etc.
- Identify opportunities and threats (you probably already know them!) – samples / success stories
- Develop program (“strategic initiative”) to capitalize on the opportunity or mitigate the threat (click here for examples)
- Capital Campaign – target only “top slice” / high-capacity stakeholders community wide
- Members and non-members are prospects – private and public
- Double or triple your current budget; one campaign funds 5 years of program
- Additional topics that will be covered:
- How to “make the case”; how to demonstrate ROI
- How long will the process take? How much can be raised? How do you know?